Celebrate Friendships with Quilts
June 27-30, 2018
Join us for our seventh quilt camp in the cool mountains of Flagstaff, AZ! Classes and events at Odegaard’s Sewing Center
Remember that the Wednesday classes that are being held at Odegaards don’t start until 10 a.m.
This is to accommodate those traveling from out of town.
All other days, and Wenday Garrison’s class on Wed. start at 9.
Class times: Wednesday 10-1 2:30-5:30 except Wendy G’s. Thurs-Sat. 9-12, 1:30-4:30
There are some BIG changes this year. Please note the LOCATIONS of events and classes are NOT at the hotel. The addresses are below.
There will be NO early registration on Tuesday night. Registration will be at your first class location. You will receive your registration badge, gift bag, and t-shirt if ordered.
Class locations are as follows:
The following events and classes will be at
Odegaards STAY AND SEW RETREAT HOUSE
403 Havasupai Road
If you need directions because you don’t have a GPS, let me know. Parking for classes is ON THE STREET near the house. Link to map to Stay and Sew Retreat House
*Wendy Garrison’s classes on Thursday-Saturday (Wednesday class is at her house in Doney Park. You should have received an email with directions if you are in this class.)
*Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy on Friday evening
*Pajama Party on Friday night
ALL other classes will be at
2109 N. Fourth Street #3
Link to Map to Odegaard’s Store
Evening events: (all evening events do NOT require a registration fee, so bring a friend)
The Meet and Greet, and Keynote Speaker will be at the American Legion Hall 204 W. Birch Street.
This is in downtown Flagstaff. You can park on Birch between the Legion Hall and the park for free, but check signage, as the City now charges $1/hour for all other parking. You can also park in the lot for the American Legion if there is space. Link to map to American Legion
The Keynote Speaker, Helen Frost, will be on Thursday night at 7pm at the American Legion Hall. This is free and open to the public, sponsored by Coconino Quilters Guild. Bring your friends and family!
Meet & Greet with the Teachers Thursday, 6-7pm at the American Legion Hall Meet the teachers as they introduce themselves and their classes, meet your fellow campers, and win door-prizes from the teachers!
Pajama and Pizza Party Friday 7pm-? At the Odegaards STAY AND SEW RETREAT HOUSE $10 Prizes for best PJ’s, open quilting room with prizes every hour. Pizza is included! Door prizes will only be given to those who wear their PJs! Prizes for best, worst, cutest, most outrageous PJs. Helen and Gina will be hosts!
Awards Dinner Saturday 6:00 at Salsa Brava 2220 E. Route 66. Pay the restaurant. Attendees will be put into a drawing for a free sewing machine from Odegaard’s Sewing Center here in Flagstaff! Let us know by Friday if you plan to join us. Link to map to Salsa Brava
Show and Tell Saturday, 7-8pm FREE after the Awards Dinner in the restaurant.
Changes THIS YEAR!
- We are moving the event to have most classes at Odegaard’s Sewing Center. We will also have classes at their retreat center which is about 10 minutes away. Since most attendees have their own accommodations in Flagstaff, we have reserved the retreat center for those who normally would get a hotel. It will be much more affordable. It sleeps 10-12 people and has a classroom. More info is available on the registration and accommodations page.
- Classes will run from 9-12, and 1:30-4:30. More time to eat and/or shop.
- No Charge for the Meet ‘n Greet Teachers Market and Showcase. THURSDAY evening at 6 pm
- Gift Bag Exchange on Saturday. 12:15-1:15 Brown Bag lunch. Come get to know your fellow quilters and share in the fun. See here for details.
- Block Exchange Event. Participate in the block exchange at lunchtime on Friday and go home with enough blocks for an entire quilt. See details on the Classes page, Friday.
- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. One-hour project for only $10! No registration fee, so bring a friend, child, or grandchild. Friday night at 6pm
ALSO, the tradition continues: Don’t miss the Friday night Pajama Party! 7pm-? Prizes for best PJ’s, open quilting room with prizes every hour. Pizza is included! Door prizes will only be given to those who wear their PJs! Prizes for best, worst, cutest, most outrageous PJs. $10
*Daily classes with national and regional quilt teachers!
Evening programs include:
*Meet ‘n Greet Teachers Market and Showcase. FREE this year!
* Keynote presentation FREE sponsored by Coconino Quilters Guild
* Gift Bag Exchange (see Special Events for details) Saturday brown bag lunch.
*Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy – 1 hour simple quilt project. Friday before the PJ party!
*”Quilt-til-you-wilt” Pajama and Pizza Party!
*Show and Tell
Sewing machines available to rent from Odegaard’s Sewing Center for $10/day. (928) 774-2331
2018 Registration forms are available on the “Registration” tab above.
Early registration fee is $30 before May 1. Classes will fill up fast, so don’t delay! Classes are filled on a first-come/first-serve basis. Online payment is available OR open and print the form, sign and send it in with payment.